PURPOSE OF SEAC
SEAC stands for Special Education Advisory Committee. It is a mandatory committee of every Ontario school board.
The Ottawa Carleton District School Board has a designated SEAC. The role of the SEAC is to make recommendations to the Board. The recommendations help ensure that exceptional pupils served by the Board receive the special education programs and services that meet their needs.
The areas in which the SEAC can take on responsibilities or offer recommendations to the OCDSB:
- Any matter that affects the establishment, development and delivery of special education programs and services for exceptional pupils of the Board
- Participation in the Board’s annual review of its special education plan
- Participation in the Board’s annual budget process as it relates to special education
- Review of the financial statements of the Board as they relate to special education
- Provides information to parents